Noosa District State High School Cooroy Campus opened in 1963 with facilities located on a 32 acre site. Over the past fifty years, the school has grown to accommodate general learning areas, specialist buildings, swimming pool, hall, Special Education Unit and agriculture farm to accommodate the current enrolment population of approximately 1150 students and 150 staff.
The school consists of single and double storey buildings with undercover walkways linking most areas. A state of the art canteen was redeveloped in 2013.
- Performance Hall: The hall was constructed in 1990 initially as a sports shelter and was then completed to become our performance hall. Live performances, school presentations, and community functions are all held from here. The hall is fully equipped to accommodate disability access.
- Swimming Pool: This is a 25m heated swimming pool. This pool services our school and local surrounding feeder schools. The pool is the home to Cooroy Dolphins Swimming Club who run their club activities and carnivals from this pool.
- School Oval: Includes a sports field encompassing a rugby field and 400m running track, one long jump pit, discus and shot put areas, one all-weather cricket pitch.
- Indoor Basketball Court: This is located within the performance hall.
- Basketball/Tennis Courts: These were completed in 1968.
- Hospitality Centre: This building has modern kitchen facilities, dining room and bistro areas that give our students real world hospitality experiences.
- Library: The library is a practical, bright, vibrant learning environment.
Established gardens and lawns provide well sheltered and relaxing areas for students and staff. Established trees provide shade for outdoor tables and seating areas. Large shade sail areas are located throughout the school and provide additional cover and enhancement to the school.
In 2007 the former Cooroora Secondary College became known as Noosa District State High School Pomona Campus. This campus was constructed in 2000 and has modern, well maintained facilities. It is situated on 60 acres in the town of Pomona and is nestled in the shadow of Mt Cooroora.
The school currently accommodates year 8 and year 9 students with an enrolment of 112 and 20 staff.
The school has picturesque grounds. Established gardens and lawns provide sheltered learning areas. Large covered concrete areas provide sheltered seating areas for students and the facility to conduct some sporting activities and classes undercover.
The school offers designated disabled parking areas. Adequate school bus parking bays and student waiting areas are located at the front of the school.
The local Landcare is accommodated on the school grounds. This unique school/community venture supports the agricultural component of the school and offers hands on experience from the landcare staff to support learning and projects being undertaken at the school.
The school has a large sporting oval and basketball/tennis courts.
An Agriculture Farm is also located at this campus.
Facilities include library, computer labs, dance studio and multiple general learning areas.